MATTER is a storefront art space for public events, pop-ups, workshops, and exhibitions.
Partnerships with people whose work lies at the intersection of two or three of these areas:
- Equity/Social Justice/Engagement/Action/Impact
-Space for workshops and events
-Pop-up store space
-Minimum of two consultations with the WPA team
-Shared work time at MATTER
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Socially engaged: artists, writers, designers, activists, or performers at any career stage.
Creative, contemplative, relational, laborers encouraged to apply, including individuals, and collectives.
We are looking for people interested in developing their art practice as a mutually-beneficial, sustainable business, exploring or experimenting with business models, or other related queries.
DATES AND DURATION
Flexible: Currently accepting proposals for all dates in 2018
Residency duration: approx. 3 weeks to 3 months
Send the following by email:
- Description of your practice: any written format accepted, (250 words max)
- What do you intend to do in the space? (500 words max)
- Why is your idea/practice a good fit for partnership with WPA? (250 words max)
- 3 Work samples or projects (any format, links or smaller files preferred)
- Link(s) to your website(s)
- Preferred duration and dates for residency. (3 weeks–3 months)
- 3 References
APPLICATIONS DUE: November 6, 2017
RESIDENTS NOTIFIED: December 15, 2017
Email application materials to: hello [at] worksprogressagency [dot] com
Please use email subject: 2018 Residency Application
Questions? Feel free to email!